Local Yarn Store and Knitting lessons
Have you already visit our local yarn store?
In our yarn shop, you will find the following brands: our hand-dyed yarns Biscotte yarns, Patons, Cascade yarns, Bergère de France, Katia, Regia, Rowan, Lang yarns, Marks & Kattens, Noro, Schoppel, Estelle yarns, Drops Design, Sandnes Garn, Berroco and much more!
We have a special room for Knitting lessons: you will feel like getting your needles out and cast-on right on the spot!
Cours de tricot | session de 12 semaines
- One session covers 12 weeks during which your seat is reserved for each week, same day, same hour, for 2 hours per week.
- 12 weeks adult: $162.00 + tx or 12 weeks child: $120.00 + tx
- There are three sessions per year: January to March, April to June and September to November. Ask our staff to know the exact dates of each session or check our calendar at the bottom of this page!
Knitting courses à la carte
- The à la carte courses are for students who have a varied schedule or who need only a few extra classes. To complete a knitting, to learn how to knit or ask for anything you want to know about yarns and needles!
- To register for one or more 2-hour knitting lessons, you must reserve your place in advance according to availability by calling 450-482-1513.
- 2-hour course: $20.00 + tx or 5 lessons of 2 hours: $85 + tx
- Buy your 5 course card online and get a 10% rebate.
Schedule of knitting lessons (crochet and knitting loom on demand)
- Mondays: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. | 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.| 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Where to find our knitting school
Knitting lessons and other specialized workshops such as tricotin are offered in our yarn shop located at 1315 Roberval in Saint-Bruno on the south shore of Montréal. Find our complete contact information by clicking on Contact Us.
Knitting lessons at Biscotte Yarns
Want to learn how to knit? You enjoy our knitting tutorials online but you need to be guided by a flesh-and-blood knitting instructor? Would it be to learn the basics of knitting for beginners or find a more specialized knitting explanation? You will find in our knitting lessons a method to learn at your own pace according to your tastes and interests. Our teachers have the expertise to help you in all your projects:
* Knit stockings using the traditional method or on circular needles, starting with ribs or toes, one or two stockings at the same time, double heel or heel in shortened rows, lark!!
* Knit the colours in jacquard using the Norwegian or intarsia knitting method.
* Knit the twists following a grid, with or without twist needle (yes, it can be done that way!!)
Are you a beginning knitster? Do not be intimidated: our teachers are used to teaching novices and all knitsters, even the most seasoned have all started from the beginning! Our knitting instructors will suggest you an easy knitting to begin with.
So you will have the opportunity to learn at your own pace how to knit a scarf or how to knit a sweater. You choose the project and you are helped to knit it.
In the stimulating atmosphere of our yarn shop, the world of knitting is not rocket science...even if we use "magic wands"!!
In our knitting lessons, each student chooses his/her project according to his/her interests and objectives. Places are initially reserved for students who have registered for a session and then the remaining places are allocated to students wishing to enroll in an à la carte course.
In order to maximize class time, students are encouraged to select their projects and materials outside of class time. Here are some online resources to find free knitting patterns and more: GarnStudio, Bergère de France and, of course, the section of patterns to download in here in our catalog of patterns online.
Ravelry.com also contains an incredible directory of knitting patterns. You can also visit our Pinterest table in which we have grouped our favorites ... and there are many!!